Sunday 3 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 3rd May 2020

After my amazing early morning visit to St. Nicholas Church on International Dawn Chorus Day, the rest of the day proved, not unexpectedly, to be somewhat of an anti-climax.

My day started very early at 4 a.m. in readiness for my visit to St. Nicholas Church and there was already a singing Robin and a singing Blackbird even though it was still dark. In addition, and rather strangely, I also heard a calling Herring Gull as it flew over.

I arrived back home at around 5:45 a.m. and the only notable records for the rest of the day were a male Blackcap singing briefly and distantly at 11:00 a.m. and 2 fly-over “honking” Canada Geese at 7:15 p.m.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Blackbird
Dunnock
Wren
Goldfinch
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Canada Goose

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.