Monday 25 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 25th May 2020

After a very poor last 2 days, lockdown window returned to form and by 7:45 a.m. I had already recorded 3 times as many species (15) as I had on the previous 2 days. A warm and sunny morning with only a very light wind obviously helped.

I heard a calling Green Woodpecker and singing Blackcap at 7:10 a.m. and a singing Chiffchaff at 7:35 a.m. and 8:20 a.m.

As I went to bed, I glanced out of my rear window and saw a Red Fox trotting down the middle of Royal Oak Chase.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Chiffchaff
Blackcap
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Blackbird
Song Thrush
Dunnock
Starling 
Goldfinch
Green Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull

Red Fox

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.