Sunday 17 May 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

My time with the Red Foxes this morning was again almost entirely spent watching the usual vixen and mother to the cubs plus another individual possibly from a neighbouring territory. 

Unlike all of my other recent visits, I had only fleeting glimpses of the cubs and failed to get any photos of them.

I also had to wait for over an hour before my first sighting of a Red Fox. Like yesterday, this was of an individual in the green area adjacent to Church Hill. 









I was not sure if this was the vixen but a few minutes later the vixen did emerge with food at the edge of the car park.



Almost immediately, another Red Fox appeared and tried to mug her! They both ran off in to the undergrowth so I have no idea if the vixen successfully held on to the food that she would have been taking to the den for the cubs.





The following photos are all of the vixen.









💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.