Thursday 21 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 21st May 2020

Today, I again heard a Great Spotted Woodpecker calling briefly and distantly at 6:15 a.m., a singing male Blackcap at 6:25 a.m. and a singing male Chiffchaff at 6:40 p.m.

I also had a contender for and likely winner of “the bird seen closest to lockdown window” award. At 9:45 a.m. a Blue Tit almost entered my flat by my open window. It fluttered about around the inside frame, possibly picking up small insects, before deciding outdoors was a better habitat than indoors!

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Chiffchaff
Blackcap
Blue Tit
Blackbird
Robin
Dunnock
Starling 
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Gull sp.

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.