Saturday 30 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 30th May 2020

From today, I have booked a rental car until Thursday of next week and intend to visit some of my traditional spring wildlife watching sites in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Kent and possibly further afield.

Therefore, lockdown window sightings will be somewhat fewer …. principally because I won’t be at home to look out of it 😀.

I think I will probably end up reporting on any notable records (if any) during the limited time that I am home.

Before I left home to pick up the rental car, I heard a singing male Blackcap on 3 occasions between 7:00 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. I heard it, or another male, singing at 7:35 p.m. after I had returned home from my day out.

Just before leaving home, I also heard a calling Great Spotted Woodpecker and then actually saw it fly in to a tree in the garden of one of the houses at the entrance to Czarina Rise.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Blue Tit
Blackbird
Dunnock
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Lesser Black-backed Gull

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.