Friday 15 May 2020

Red Foxes at St. Nicholas Church

My time with the Red Foxes this morning was almost entirely spent watching the usual vixen and mother to the cubs plus another individual possibly from a neighbouring territory.

Shortly after arriving at St. Nicholas Church at 6:30 a.m., I saw 2 Red Foxes running up the green area adjacent to Church Hill towards me. The first, which turned out to be the vixen, was carrying food but being pursued by another individual. 







The vixen carried on towards the den area carrying food. 



I initially thought that the second individual may have been the vixen’s mate but I watched him/her for quite some time and he/she never encroached beyond the boundary of the church car park. There is a possibility perhaps that this is also the boundary between 2 territories.








I saw a lot of the vixen this morning close to the den area and various locations surrounding it. From the first photo, it can clearly be seen that she is lactating.






I saw very little of the cubs this morning and only managed to get photos of one of them who kindly emerged from the hedge with his breakfast 😀. I have no idea what breakfast was but it certainly wasn’t a bacon sandwich 😀.



In addition to the Canidae representatives, there was also another mammalian predator representing the Felinae 😀 ....



Finally, whilst you are watching Red Foxes, there is always a chance that a Red Fox is watching you ðŸ˜€.



💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.