Sunday 17 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 17th May 2020

The day started early with a Great Spotted Woodpecker calling briefly and distantly at 5:50 a.m. before I left home for my walk up to St. Nicholas Church.

I also heard a calling Green Woodpecker very close to the flats at 6:20 a.m. and another at 8:45 p.m. but I failed to see either of them.

As I returned home from my visit to St. Nicholas Church and a morning of Red Fox watching, I noticed another Red Fox further down the grassy track that borders Czarina Rise and Royal Oak Chase. If I had been at home, I may have seen it from my lockdown window as it passed through .... I wasn't so I didn't 😀.

Later in the morning at 9:50 a.m., I heard both singing Blackcap and singing Chiffchaff although both were very distant and only just audible over the roar of traffic on the A127.

The only other notable sighting was of someone taking the 2 metre social distancing requirement to an extreme!

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blackcap
Chiffchaff
Blue Tit
Blackbird
Robin
Dunnock
Starling 
Goldfinch
Great Spotted Woodpecker
Green Woodpecker
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Herring Gull

Photo: Collared Dove says to Woodpigeon: "Why are you and your mates always SOOOOOO fat?" 😀



Photo: escape from lockdown with social distancing strictly observed 😀

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.