Thursday 7 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 7th May 2020

I had several interesting sightings today from lockdown window.

After seeing a Grey Heron last night flying north west, I saw it again (or maybe another individual) today flying south east at 8:25 a.m. 

Following the first record of a Cormorant from my flat on 2nd May 2020, I saw another today at 9:00 a.m.

I saw a Sparrowhawk at 8:05 a.m. being pursued by a Blackbird .... an interesting role reversal!

At 8:30 a.m. I saw a male and female Sparrowhawk soaring high together and interacting over the woodland.

Finally, like last week, the “clap for carers” event at 8:00 p.m. disturbed a Woodpigeon roost since at least 100 birds suddenly appeared flying around when the clapping, fireworks, car horns, etc. commenced. You settle down for the night, put your head on the pillow (or head under the wing) and then the human race interrupts your beauty sleep 😀 …. all for a good cause of course .... Clap for our carers 

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Dunnock
Blackbird
House Sparrow
Goldfinch
Sparrowhawk
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Grey Heron
Cormorant

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.