Saturday 9 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 9th May 2020

It would have taken a lot to surpass my amazing early morning encounter with Red Foxes.

Maybe a fly-over Red Kite, Common Buzzard or Hobby? …. all 3 are frequently reported from nearby Langdon Hills.

Maybe a fly-over Osprey?

Maybe a fly-over White-tailed Eagle from the Isle of Wight re-introduction project? …. they already have GPS satellite “track and trace” technology 😀 and one of the birds has already ventured as far as London and south Essex.

Did any of that happen? …. no.

Instead, my highlights for the day were another fly-over Black-headed Gull at 10:00 a.m., after my first record from my flat on 5th May 2020, and 2 fly-over Mallards at 8:30 p.m.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Blue Tit
Dunnock
Blackbird
Wren
Starling
Woodpigeon
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Mallard

Photo: Moon at dawn over SS15 from lockdown window



Photo: sunrise over SS15 from lockdown window

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.