Saturday 2 May 2020

From my lockdown window – 2nd May 2020

Today was again a better day with some notable records.

I saw my second Swift of the year at 9:15 a.m. as it flew through heading north west.

I heard a male Blackcap singing briefly and distantly at 9:25 a.m. and saw a Cormorant circling very high at 9:45 a.m., the latter a first record from my flat.

At 8:55 p.m. a Red Fox emerged from the access to our rear car park and trotted off down the road. Just 5 minutes later it (or maybe another individual) re-appeared and remained in the area immediately outside the flats casually walking around the frontages to the houses opposite and even sitting down for a minute or so on the path.

I recorded the following species today (heard only records in italics):

Swift
Blackcap
Blue Tit
Great Tit
Robin
Blackbird
Song Thrush
House Sparrow
Woodpigeon
Collared Dove
Magpie
Carrion Crow
Herring Gull
Lesser Black-backed Gull
Cormorant

Red Fox



Photo: sunrise over SS15 from lockdown window

💚🦆 🦉 🌼 🌳💚
Stay safe, stay well, stay strong, stay connected with nature



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you feel like commenting on my blog, you can contact me by completing the comment form below. I will respond to all comments and enquiries and constructive criticism will always be welcomed.